Effective Date: 10/31/2013
Types of Information Collected
Collection of Personal Information
Contact Information and Policy Updates
I. Types of Information Collected
- Personal Information You Submit: Decision Resources may collect Personal Information in connection with your use of the DRG Web Sites. For example, we may collect your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, gender, and certain payment card information and other related information when you use the DRG Web Sites to receive information about Decision Resources, register for our programs or seminars, purchase our products, sign up to receive promotional materials, or respond to Decision Resources customer feedback surveys. Some of the Personal Information we collect from you, including your name, address, phone number, email address, and certain payment card information, is required in order to process your online purchases, respond to your requests, and contact you about your online purchases, if necessary.
“Personal Information” means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by Decision Resources through the DRG Web Sites.
- Passive Collection of Certain Other Technical and Web Browsing Information: DRG Web Sites and third parties with whom Decision Resources has contracted to provide services to Decision Resources may collect information about your visits to DRG Web Sites without you actively submitting such information. This information may include, for example, your browser type and language, your operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the URLs of sites you visited before and after visiting the Decision Resources Web Site, the Web search that landed you on the Decision Resources Web Site, and web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within the Decision Resources Web Site.
- Information Received from Customers and Third Parties: Third parties with whom Decision Resources has contracted to provide services may combine the information gathered on DRG Web Sites with information collected on non-DRG Web Sites. Where this occurs, the combined data may be provided to Decision Resources. This combined data my identify you, and it may allow us to identify you when you visit DRG Web Sites.
II. Collection of Personal Information
- Decision Resources collects certain financial information via some DRG Web Sites that may be designated as “sensitive” under data privacy laws in some jurisdictions. Decision Resources shall adopt additional measures as required by applicable local law for the processing of such information. By providing us with sensitive Personal Information, you consent to Decision Resources collecting, transferring, storing, and processing it.
- Fulfillment of Requests. We will use the Personal Information you provide to fulfill the purposes for which it is provided (e.g., to complete purchases, to provide services to you and/or your employer, to respond to your questions, to register for conferences, to use certain features of DRG Web Sites, and/or to conduct customer feedback surveys).
- Promotional Communications and Market Research. We may use Personal Information about you to provide you with information about Decision Resources’ products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, such as to notify you about special promotions or events, or to invite you to participate in surveys about our products or services.
- Marketing Analytics. We may use Personal Information about you to identify usage trends so as to better design DRG Web Sites and Decision Resources products and services, as well as to measure the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, developing new products, enhancing our websites, and improving our services.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use Personal Information about you to send you important information, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Registered-User Services and Mobile Applications. We may use the Personal Information you provide to properly operate our various registered-user services, including Gateway, Dataminer, and our iPhone and mobile application products.
- Careers. If you apply for employment with Decision Resources, any Personal Information about you which is obtained by us during the application process may be used and retained by us for purposes of considering your application for employment, as well as for more general management purposes.
- Decision Resources may combine the Personal Information that you provide on one Decision Resources Web Site with the Personal Information provided by you on other DRG Web Sites, with our offline records, and with records provided by third parties.
- Third parties with whom Decision Resources has contracted to provide services combine the information gathered on DRG Web Sites with information collected on non-DRG Web Sites. This combined data may be provided to Decision Resources.
- Although you can choose not to provide your Personal Information to Decision Resources, some of our online services can only be provided to you if you provide us with appropriate Personal Information.
- Some DRG Web Sites may ask whether you wish to opt into or opt out of our contact lists for offers and promotions. Please be aware that even if you exercise your right to opt out of certain promotional communications, Decision Resources may nevertheless need to periodically contact you to provide important information, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries: All Personal Information and non-Personal Information we collect about you may be shared with our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Third Party Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services such as data analysis, surveys, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing and other similar services. We may share Personal and non-Personal Information about you with third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide services (for example, if you choose to make a purchase through the Site, we may share your payment information or other Personal Information with our third party service providers to fulfill your purchase, including, without limitation, to process your credit card or payment account number or to ship products to you).
- Third Party Communications. Depending on the choices you have made, we may share Personal and non-Personal Information about you with third parties to allow them to contact you regarding products, programs, services and promotions that they believe may be of interest to you.
- Assignment. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Decision Resources’ business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any and all information that we collect from site users to an affiliated entity or a third party.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose Personal Information about you to others as we believe to be appropriate: (i) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any affiliates or subsidiaries; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Decision Resources, you or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- It is Decision Resources’ practice to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures intended to safeguard your Personal Information and each Web page that collects Personal Information; however, the confidentiality of Personal Information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed and any information that you transmit to us is at your own risk. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Information over the Internet.
- The DRG Web Sites are not targeted to or intended for use by children. Decision Resources does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen via the DRG Web Sites
- If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below. . If we become aware that a child under the age of thirteen has submitted Personal Information through a DRG Web Site without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove such information from our files.
- You may request that we remove your Personal Information from our current customer records or that we amend your Personal Information. Please notify us of your wishes by contacting us in one of the ways specified below. For our record keeping purposes, we will retain certain Personal Information you submit in conjunction with commercial transactions.
- Under California law, California residents have the right to request from Decision Resources the names and addresses of third parties to whom we have disclosed Personal Information about you in the preceding calendar year and whom we know or reasonably should know to have used such information for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using one of the methods specified below. Please note that we are only required to respond to your request once during the course of any calendar year.
III. Contact Information and Policy Updates
- If you have questions about the use, amendment, or removal of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to opt out of future marketing communications from an Decision Resources business or a particular Decision Resources program, please contact us by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on the Web site you are visiting or by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by sending a letter to:
Decision Resources Group
8 New England Executive Park
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
- In all communications to Decision Resources, please include the e–mail address used for registration (if applicable), the Web site address or the specific Decision Resources program to which you provided Personal Information (e.g. Decision Resources.com, etc.), and a detailed explanation of your request.
- If you would like to remove, amend or correct your Personal Information and are contacting us by e-mail, please put “Deletion Request” or “Amendment/Correction Request”, as applicable, in the subject line of the e-mail. We will do our best to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner.